- Entries must be have been taken within the Koshi Basin (see map).
- Entries must be digital black and white or colour images, submitted in a .jpeg, or .jpg format, between 3 to 10 MB in size (300 dpi). Colour images changed to black and white as well as scanned (digitized) images of non-digital photographs, negatives, or transparencies are also acceptable.
- Minimal cropping is permitted. Minor adjustments, including dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustments, are acceptable as long as the integrity of the original photo is not compromised.
- Entries should be the work of the entrant, and they must own the copyrights. Entries that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyrights, are not eligible.
- By participating in the photo contest, the entrant grants ICIMOD and its partners a non-exclusive right to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries and texts, in whole or in part, in any media, now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly, or all other standard purposes of ICIMOD. Due credit will be given to the entrant each time their photo is used, wherever feasible. ICIMOD will provide a digital or print copy to the entrant (upon request) of any publication that includes his/her image(s).
- Entrants may be requested to send in original image files of their entries.
- Photos that were submitted to ICIMOD-organized photo contests in the past; photos that have been awarded or given honourable mentions in any photo contest, either online or in print; and photos that have already been used in print or online publications are not eligible. However, you may submit photos that you have used in your personal or social spaces such as blogs, Facebook, Instagram, and Flickr.
- Photos with watermarks or date/time are not permissible. Photos that have been digitally manipulated compromising the integrity of the originals are not eligible. High dynamic range images (HDR) and composite images are not acceptable. Minimal cropping, however, is permitted.
- Photos that are culturally insensitive or portray subjects, especially children or minors, in the nude or in compromising situations are not acceptable.
- ICIMOD staff are not eligible to participate in the contest.
ICIMOD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to damage the spirit of the digital photo contest; violate the above terms and conditions and exclusionary provisions; or infringe on the rights of third parties. Decisions of ICIMOD are final.
Deadline for Submission
8 December 2018
Announcement of Results
11 December 2018
How to Enter the Photo Contest
Each entrant may submit one entry per thematic category by properly filling in the image submission form at image submission form.